Friday, February 8, 2013

Blog just went over 20,000 hits !

Well, went over 20,000 hits this week so, hopefully it's been helpful for some.

If anything it's a cautionary tale of procrastination. My taking my time with this is only one part procrastination, mixed with going with the flow of Work over-time opportunities and the very full race schedule I had last year, for at least half the year.

Last year was supposed to be the taking racing serious year, cut a bit short by just about every appliance in our house going out, killing the meager racing budget. We've been working hard enough catching up financially that I didn't want to risk $200 on a test unless I feel like I'm totally ready, and honestly, truly need to. My overall goal is to be done with the CCNP and be in an engineering position by 2015, so I think I can accomplish this.

I'll hopefully be in position to take the CCIE written by 2020. In the industry I'm in, I'm not sure I will get the day to day experience on the job to ever be ready for the CCIE practical, or really and truly, to ever need it. We'll see.

It's always good to have long term goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment