Friday, January 10, 2014

CCNA Voice lab beginning

To facilitate a few other possible projects in the future, I'm beginning the build of a CCNA Voice lab.

I'll be looking for a few more phones, and and modules, and will eventually set up a SIP based phone service here, possibly, just to say that I did it, maybe more, we'll see.






Ohh, and the T3600 is up and running, if a bit hampered by some Raid controller card issues on a single 64gb SSD for now.

These are the same workstations we use at work, but believe it or not, at 8gb of system ram in my home system, I have twice as much as my workstation at work. 

Our video cards, at work, on the other hand, are no slouches. We have two W7000, 4GB cards in each station. If you're asking why $1300 worth of Video cards, and only 4gb of system ram in a workstation that does no CAD/CAM, but runs 4-5 Java-heavy Element Management systems, you'd be asking the same question I do every day. I think I've finally goaded them into getting us 8-12gb loaded soon. 

Such is the life of being a technical employee under decidedly, non-technical managers. I had my shot to become one of them, but chose to stay on the Engineering track. I'll revisit management again someday, but I've still got a ton of training and study to do before I'd feel qualified to manage another engineer.








4 comments:

  1. I am very happy to read this informative post.Its a very useful for everyone.
    ccna voice certification

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post gives very interesting information. Great post , Keep it up. Brief introduction of CCNA voice are good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the excellent mindset, nonetheless is just not help to make every sence whatsoever preaching about that mather. Virtually any method many thanks in addition to i had endeavor to promote your own article in to delicius nevertheless it is apparently a dilemma using your information sites can you please recheck the idea. thanks once more.
    ccna training london

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good. I am really impressed with your writing talents and also with the layout on your weblog. Appreciate, Is this a paid subject matter or did you customize it yourself? Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to peer a nice weblog like this one nowadays. Thank you, check also virtual edge and event thank you note

    ReplyDelete