Wednesday, April 13, 2011

FREE, FREE, FREE at last!

Finally broke out of the Microsoft Prison.

Reformatted my entire system to Ubuntu, instead of the Dual boot.

Found Putty, GNS3, before deciding to do this and now afterwards, was actually able to install my USB/Serial Converter after only learning a few short commands.

If you have one and you want to use linux remember these commands:

sudo apt-get install cu


get's the callup program installed.


sudo dmesg 


get's the device listings to make sure your device has installed correctly. Mine is based on the Prolific PL2303 chipset, and basically installed itself.


sudo cu -l /dev/ttyUSB0 -s 9600


Connects at the proper com port speed


It just amazes me. I absolutely caught hell trying to get this thing installed in Win7, and it only worked intermittently.


I'm missing Mr. Gates company less and less by the second.


No comments:

Post a Comment