Monday, July 15, 2013

Frame Relay revisited...And playing with Visio

Going back to the yesteryears of CCNPorBust, and configuring the Frame relay switch for the CCNA Rack


The Cisco Doc:

Cisco Frame relay Spiel

I don't want to admit how long it took me to realize that I had missed this and this is why I couldn't bring the second spoke router up...

FRS(config-if)#frame-relay intf-type dce
FRS(config-if)#
*Mar  1 00:13:14.619: %FR-5-DLCICHANGE: Interface Serial1/0 - DLCI 102 state changed to ACTIVE
*Mar  1 00:13:15.087: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Serial1/1, changed state to up
FRS(config-if)#
*Mar  1 00:13:22.691: %FR-5-DLCICHANGE: Interface Serial1/1 - DLCI 201 state changed to ACTIVE



Fooling around with Visio as well. Generally, I use Gliffy, but have a trial version of Visio.

My CCNA rack in Visio stencils. Actually installing the modules in their respective slots will make you geek out a bit, but I don't see myself splurging on Visio.

CCNA Rack 1




CCNA Rack 2




virtual vs. Reality










No comments:

Post a Comment