Sunday, July 28, 2013

Some CCNA rack and setup redesign

From some great feedback this morning from a user, the CCNA topology has been labelled, and the configurations on the CCNA rack have been wiped so that you all have to make the configurations. The fall back configs are listed on the topology page.

It is your sandbox now.

Also aligning with his suggestion, and something I was planning on doing eventually as well, the Time Slots as of Thursday, will be changing to 12 noon - 11am the following day.

That's not going to work. I'm going to set up 3 booking slots of 7 1/2 hours each. I'll just block out which slots I need for maintenance as I go for now. People can book mulitple slots. I'll have it discounted in price so that a 24 hour block is still $10.00, $5.00 for the first block, and then $2.50 for each additional slot. in a single day. I'm hoping the software will allow me to do this. May be another update to this Bookeo has no way to apply automatic discounts

That's not going to work either. Booking software isn't really set up for something like this, so it doesn't have the ability to book across days. Looks like an 8hr block will end up $7.50 for the CCNP rack, and $5.00 for the CCNA. I'll revisit the discounting later. This will start Thursday. 7.5hour blocks will start Thursday, free beta still runs until Mon, Aug 5th, at least. If I'm not satisfied with how it's running, it may go longer.

Eventually, when I go to two or three timeslots per day, per rack the time slots will probably be 12 noon-7pm, and 8pm to 3am, and if a third slot is added, and it may be for weekends, then 4am until 11am.

With the two slots, starting when they do, it will give me a bit of a maintenance window from 3 am until noon, until everything is more automated, and set in stone.

This is a learning process, so I appreciate anyone's patience.




No comments:

Post a Comment